Advanced Driver Training
Trillium Driving Schools
About Our School
The purpose of our BMW Advanced Driving School is to instruct students in the art of advanced driving technique which we can guarantee you will not only enjoy, but it will make you a much better and more confident and safer driver for the street. Whether you have attended our schools before, or other similar schools, you can be assured that there is always more to learn and experience. Driving well all starts with a "feel" for the car. That is what you can expect to learn and develop.
Topics covered include steering technique and vehicle dynamics. Exercises include emergency braking with and without ABS, brake and avoid in slippery conditions, and front and rear wheel skid control (under- and oversteer).
Pre-requisites before registering are as follows:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a full G license
- Must be a Trillium Member in good standing
- If driving an open-top car (convertible, t-top or Targa), must have either factory roll-over protection OR a full cage that meets the specs of a sanctioned body (e.g. BMWCCA or CASC or PCA or other)
- Must have signed Technical Inspection Form
Typical Daily Activities
- Four 30-minute In-Class Sessions
- Four 20-minute Skidpad Sessions
- Four 30-minute Track Driving Sessions
- Track Walk (Saturday only for Advanced Driver School)
Advanced Driving School
- 2012 Prices have been posted
- Two full days: Saturday & Sunday
- One-on-one instructor-student pairing
- Drivers must hold a valid full-class license; minimum 18 years of age
For 2013 we have updated the curriculum. We believe the updates will appeal to all levels of driver.
Required Forms and Documentation
Before attending an on-track event, you are responsible for having your car inspected by a licensed mechanic. You are required to have that person sign our Technical Inspection Form to indicate that your car meets our safety requirements. You also will be responsible for signing a waiver as well.
We have also provided a sneak peak of the syllabus you will be learning and a welcome package to familiarise yourself with the track before arrival.
You can download all of these documents below:
- Technical Inspection Form
- BWM Trillium Waiver Should be signed before coming to the school but we'll have extras if you forget
- BWM Trillium Driving Syllabus
- BWM Trillium Welcome Package
- Register on this website
- Why do a Driving School?
- Your first Advanced Driving School
- Tips on Preparing for an Advanced Driving School
- Mosport - Canadian Tire Motorsports Park - directions and accomodations
About The Track